1. Volume: Perhaps the foremost advantage is the almost limitless supply of people online, all with one common goal: to find a date. The huge numbers of available singles improve the odds of meeting the Mr. or Miss/Ms. Right. And, there are always fresh “supplies” as new people continue to join dating sites.
2. No guessing (in most cases) as to whether the other person is available or not, as they wouldn’t be on a dating site if they weren’t.
3. Wide net: Online dating offers you the opportunity contact multiple prospects at the same time. After exchanging emails and/or phone calls you can determine which if any is worth keeping. If none, just continue your search.
4. Online dating eliminates the awkwardness of first introductions. The first encounter is always the hardest for most people, and getting over it makes the rest of the dating experience much easier.
5. Speed: Online dating is designed towards a fast and efficient initial contact. Once the contact has been made, you can slow things slowed down to find out if you have a match.